[Progress - 29th May] How are things?

• 2 Replies

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
[Progress - 29th May] How are things?
« on: May 28, 2016, 11:28:24 PM »
Didn't hear anything from you for quite a while. Can you share what you're working on?

I just hope the project didn't die. :)

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 29th May] How are things?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:14:20 AM »
Hey man,

No, definitely not dead!

The situation has changed though. My intention was to use the Unity engine to make a "vertical slice" of UNION, a build of the game which would have functioning Engineering and Tactical roles. We would market the game while I built this vertical slice, building a following for when it was complete. We would then use the vertical slice, with the help of the people following, to get funding either through a publisher or crowd funding.

Unity turned out to be a dud for us though, it has some serious bugs which I could no longer live with. I then evaluated the Xenko engine and from that decided to move UNION to it. The process  of porting over the game code went very well, but Xenko does not have all of the pre-built functionality that Unity has, and that means there is a lot more for me to do before reaching the vertical slice.

Since the vertical slice has been delayed we have decided to hold off on marketing the game until we're close to it's release. We don't want to get people interested only to have them grow bored of waiting.

For the past few weeks I've been working on the mod scripting API. I am using this API to create all of the weapon and equipment functionality, this will allow modders to modify these and create their own. Attempting to add a mod scripting API later in development would be extremely difficult, so it's best to do it now.

Thanks for sticking with us, I know it's a long process.

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 29th May] How are things?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »
Thanks for the update!