Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
[Progress - 16th August] Tactical Ops - UI Colour Scheme
« on: August 16, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Hi all,

Isaac has been helping me to improve the visual look of our UIs, with his help I have created a new colour scheme.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:12:14 PM by Mark »

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 16th August] Tactical Ops - UI Colour Scheme
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:24:51 AM »
Hey Mark,
Nice job again.

I like the new colour scheme for the operatives. It makes them easier to see even after selected. Now that I see the difference, I can see that in the old one it was a bit too dark.

I noticed that turretgroups are now under tabs? How can you desegnate which turret goes where?(Is there an all turrets tab?)
I like how a bigger (literaly) focus on the target makes everything more clear what you're targeting and how much damage it has.
But what is partial auto-fire?

What I like less is the colour scheme for damage to systems. It might used a lot but Green -> Red is very clear about what is all right and what is damaged. But this is just my personal taste offcourse.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the progress.

Grey

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:06 AM »
Hey Grey.

Each group tab contains the list of all turrets. If you don't want one or more turrets to fire as part or a group, you can click the X in the top left of the turret box to disable it in that group.

When you target a ship you can select one of it's systems as a sub-target. If a turret has line of sight to the target ship, but not to the sub-target (for example the sub-target is on the other side of the ship), then that is a partial lock.

When setting a group to auto fire, On Full means turrets only fire when they have line of sight to the sub-target and On Partial means that the turrets will fire as long as they have line of sight to the target.

I don't disagree in regards to the armor damage indicator colours, green to red is much more obvious (even if it doesn't suit the colour scheme). Nothing is set in stone, so it's entirely possible I will change the armor damage indicators back to green/red before release.

Thanks for your continued support man. :)

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
No problem.

If each tab has all the turrets listed, will the ones who have been assigned to other tabs be somehow marked. So you don't acidentaly remove a turret from another tab?

Thanks for explaining the partial lock.
If you put auto fire on full, will it stop fireing if it has no full lock?

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 10:58:52 AM »
Turret groups can share turrets, so they can all have the same turrets active. If more than one group can auto fire a turret then the higher priority group (1, 2, 3) will fire (so of groups 1 and 2 can fire the same turret, group 1 will fire as it is a higher priority than 2).

Yeah if auto fire is set to On Full then any turret that has a Partial lock won't fire (even if it had a Full lock previously).

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »
thanks.. I am eager to playtest this..

Laslon

• Ensign
  • She Canny Take It Captain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 11:00:14 AM »

That makes two of us :)

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
 8)

Odycay12

• Ensign
  • CEO - GamesLab Server Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 02:43:35 AM »

Ditto.

Quick question, with the solar system star map thing, will we be able to rotate it via touch/mouse cursor

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 03:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Odycay12
Quick question, with the solar system star map thing, will we be able to rotate it via touch/mouse cursor

I don't think it will be rotatable, as this would add confusion as to the ship's orientation. Up needs to be up for all screens/playets, basically, to allow for easier communication.

Odycay12

• Ensign
  • CEO - GamesLab Server Solutions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 03:10:48 AM »
Good Point.

Laslon

• Ensign
  • She Canny Take It Captain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
I thought you were considering the rotational for reference but it would snap back after a few seconds. I may be imagining that though.

Have I asked before will the be flight on different planes? If so I personally feel rotation will be essential due to perception. If it snapped back though that would allow for communication between crew.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 04:49:12 PM »
Yeah, the rotation with snap-back was for the short-rang/radar views (not the solar system).

The map will have a "height" of at least 10 km. This allows for full 3D flight/combat, but it means that the long range views can be 2D top down. So if you are scanning the solar system for enemies, you do it on a 2D plane.