• 16 Replies

Laslon

• Ensign
  • She Canny Take It Captain!
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 11th August] Tactical Ops Turret Groups
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »
Hey Grey, thanks for the feedback!

Does tactical also activate shields? What station will do this?
Shields, and other defensive measures, are handled by helm. This is because a lot of defence relies on the ship's movement and positioning.
Will the Helm have the time to concentrate on this or will it be a simple click to alter the shield "direction"?
The icons are different, each type of ship/station/pod/etc will have it's own icon/symbol on the "minimap"?
The icons denote contact type. Ships are broken into three sizes (small, medium and large).
Is it possible to rotate the map by clicking and draging?
Not currently, though it is something I may add at a later stage. Right now the radar is orientated to the ship, so it rotates with the ship.
I think leaving the radar with ship orientation will be essential, or a button to revert instantly to ship rotation, to allow the Technician to quickly relay the information of the location of targets to helm and weapons.
Will operatives have different options depending on the type of vessel (ship/station/pod/etc)?
Yes, for examples Operatives could board a station, or rescue/capture the people from the pod.
What would be the reason to choose to fire by hand, or to let them auto fire?
When auto firing turrets will never overheat (the turret must cool down before firing). This is good for most cases, but sometimes you will want to push the turrets to their limits. To do that you must fire manually.
Will torpedo's be part of the turret groups or will they have their own part of the UI?
Torpedoes will have their own section of the UI, I'll be working on that soon.

Thanks again! :)

Sorry for the lots of notifications on posts having to catch up lol, questions in bold :)

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 11th August] Tactical Ops Turret Groups
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
I am only too happy to talk about UoN. :)

Will the Helm have the time to concentrate on this or will it be a simple click to alter the shield "direction"?
The ship has multiple shields, usually front and back. Helm will use a directional toggle to enable/disable these.
If it is too much for Helm I will move it to Tactical, but I would prefer Helm to do it.

I think leaving the radar with ship orientation will be essential, or a button to revert instantly to ship rotation, to allow the Technician to quickly relay the information of the location of targets to helm and weapons.
Yeah that's my thinking too, shared orientation is very important for that reason. If I do allow rotation outside of that then I will have a reset button.