Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
My absence
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »
Hi all,

As you may have noticed I haven't been very active in the past two months.

My wife came down with a very bad chest infection just over two months ago, and while the infection was cleared after two weeks it left her with a chest condition which causes constant chronic pain. The condition is usually not permanent, but can take months to recover from. For two months I've been working from home, rather than in my office, doing my best to support my wife by helping around the house and with our two young boys. This has been a really tough time for her, and for me. I've fallen way behind in my day job, but thankfully my boss is very supportive.

As much as I've wanted to work on UoN, I just haven't had the time or mental energy for it.

I wasn't intending to post about this, as I wasn't expecting my wife's illness to last this long, and I am quite a private person when it comes to my personal life. I feel like it has been too long since I last posted though, and I wanted to be honest with you.

The good news is that my wife is improving, bit by bit. In a few weeks, all going well, things should be back to normal for us.

While all of this has been going on Pete continued working on the Kite class spaceship, and just last week he completed it. I'm really looking forward to getting the ship into the game, and showing it off to you guys.

I really appreciate all of the support and patience you guys have shown me.

Thanks for reading!

Mark

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: My absence
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »
Hey Mark,

Thank you for sharing this with us.
I am a very private person myself, especially about health issues, so I can understand your hesitation and appreciate that you have shared it in the end.

I wish your wife all the best, and I hope you and your children are doing well, aswell.

Hope you'll have enough energy soon to be more active again, but take your time. Your physical and mental health is the most important issue.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »
Thanks man, I really appreciate you continued support.

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »
Ofcourse I've noticed, but didn't want to ask, since I figured you had a good reason not to post.

I hope Ms. UoN will get much better in the following days and weeks. Take your time to heal, to recover, to provide for your family. UoN is important to you and to us, but we can wait. We'll still be here when you post another update, still happy to see UoN advancing towards it's goal.

Wish you all the best.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:42:22 PM »
Thanks for your understanding, I appreciate the trust you guys put in me.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »
Hi all,

My wife is still quite ill, I won't go into details here but the doctors don't know what's wrong and we're waiting on some more tests.

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
That sucks... I hope they find out soon and give her the help she needs.

As I said before, don't worry about us and be there for your wife.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 08:14:06 PM »
Thanks man.

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »
Give her our best wishes.
Health comes first

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
I really appreciate your support guys, hopefully it isn't anything serious and we can get back to normal soon.

I am working on UoN at the moment, doing a little every day to keep the project ticking. I don't want to pressure myself though so I won't be writing about it until things get back on track.

Thanks again.