Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
The Plan
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »
Hey all,

So as I've mentioned in previous posts I've been very busy with my day job this past month-and-a-bit. I have had to work evenings and some weekends in order to deliver a new product to one of our major clients by the start of this month. That work went on a bit longer with some fixes and performance optimizations, but it is now coming to a close.

I have been developing this game part time for four years now, and in that time I have had to take breaks due to things happening in work and life, but I have always come back to it and this time is no different.

I've been giving a lot of thought as to what the next steps are for Universe or Nothing, and I believe the best thing is for me to focus on fully implementing the Engineering and Tactical UIs into the game. Once they are done I can use footage of them, along with the ship exterior shots, to market the game for our Kickstarter campaign.

I massively appreciate all of the support you guys have offered, and I will take you up on those offers once we're ready to go to Kickstarter. I think trying to expand our community base at this point would leave a lot of people bored waiting for new progress posts. So as we get closer to Kickstarter we will start a discussion on how we do some guerrilla marketing for UoN. :)

In terms of development my next task is to incorporate the latest updates from our game engine (Xenko) and UI system (Noesis GUI). Both of these have major updates which I'm excited about for programming reasons. :)

Thanks all!

Mark

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Plan
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
Thank you! :D

Roelosaurus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • roelosaur.us
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
Cool!  8)
Fully ready for that Kickstarter! Bring it!

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »
Thanks, I really appreciate your support! :D

And welcome to the community.

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile