Hello

• 4 Replies

Stewart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: August 14, 2016, 01:51:22 AM »
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I have been watching this game for awhile and glad to see it is coming together. Can not wait to try it out I love being the Engineer on most of the bridge simulators and this one looks very different. Are you planning on a connection based setup kind of like Pulsar that would make finding crews a lot easier?

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:57:30 AM »
Hi Stewart,

Welcome aboard, and thank you.

I have watched Lets Plays for Pulsar, but have not seen their connection system.

As well as a server browser in-game we will have a Faction system. Basically Factions will be our Guilds, where you can create a Faction group on our website and recruit members. Players can search for open/recruiting factions based on criteria (timezone, activity level) and/or tags (role-playing, fun, pvp etc.). Factions will have a forum and a calendar.

In game you will be able to see the Factions which you are a member of, showing any upcoming calendar events, the members who are online, and the games/sessions they have active (when you host a game you can choose for it to be Private, Friends Only, Faction Only, or Public).

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »
Welcome, Stewart! Always glad to see more people join in on the fun.

Huh, Factions are not something we have discussed until now. I'm very interested to see how exactly did you imagine them. Ever since I first read about the game,  I've wondered if the Artemis TSN group would switch here seamlessly or if we would have to reorganize.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »
Factions were inspired by the Artemis TSN group. When I was chatting to you guys on your forums I was thinking of how I could facilitate a group like yours.

I chose to implement groups as Factions so that each group can exist in the same role-playing universe (as a faction in the game). It gives a basis for inter-Faction interaction. :)

I haven't begun implementing the Faction system yet, it is quite a while off at this stage. Before I do I will be soliciting feedback and suggestions, to make it the best it can be.

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »
Haha, that's great to hear!