• 18 Replies

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 3rd August] Engineering UI Completion
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »
Yeah, I don't understand that either. It's probably just the wrong audience though.

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 08:05:55 AM »
Haters gonna hate

Laslon

• Ensign
  • She Canny Take It Captain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 10:41:39 AM »
A friend has just seen the Wheel, and the first feedback he gave is as follows (translated from Croatian):
Looks complicated, but also modern. I have a feeling that some elements may be too small, so it might be bothersome trying to click on them while panicking.

Is your friend interested in space sims, was he interested in playing this game after seeing the UI?

All clickable elements are large and spaced enough for finger touches, also on larger screens everything is scaled up. I will tweak these things if play-testing shows that they are too small though.

Thanks!

Hi Mark, are you planning to allow some sort of customisation of the screens for personal preference? Perhaps re-sizeable or positional configurations? Just an Idea may be hard to implement, I am no programmer, just a game nut :)

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
Are you planning to allow some sort of customisation of the screens for personal preference? Perhaps re-sizeable or positional configurations?

I made a decision to create really tightly integrated UIs, where everything fits together perfectly. It makes for cooler looking UIs, but removes any room for customisation of the layout.