• 15 Replies

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
[Progress - 25th Feb] Bug Fixes
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
I fixed every known bug in the game yesterday, it's not a long list but that's because throughout development we have kept a process of continual testing, bug fixing and polishing, ensuring that each stage of development provides a stable base for the next.

Changelog
  • Fixed clicking on servers in the local servers list on the Connect screen.
  • Fixed an error when a player clicks the Create Crew button on the Create Crew screen before data has been received from the server.
  • Fixed a crash in the Engineering UI which happened if the number of systems or reactors on your ship is modified (the number systems and reactors are modified, to zero, when your ship is destroyed).
  • Fixed torpedoes not applying damage.
  • Fixed ships not triggering destruction when hull integrity is zero.
  • Added null checks to the camera code to avoid errors being shown on disconnecting from a server.
  • Added a "graceful exit" system on application quit, where if the server player quits by closing the game window all clients will be disconnected first.

Thanks for reading!

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Progress - 25th Feb] Bug Fixes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »
It's the unknown bugs you need to be afraid of.

But good job, nonetheless!

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »
I did say known bugs. :)

I am just sharing the list here to give people a flavour of what's happening, I won't be posting every bug fix here at this stage. Public changelogs will come with the alpha release.

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
I've read that you said "known bugs", that's why I said "unknown bugs".

And thanks for sharing.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
Thanks man.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:27:31 AM »
Hey all,

I am away on a trip to Inishbofin (an island off coast of Galway) until tomorrow (Saturday),  dev updates should continue Sunday or Monday.

Here's a picture of today's progress, from one of the best parts our hiking around the island. :) The large rock on the left is an island (now a bird sanctuary) which was created when the land connecting it to the main island collapsed.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:30:44 AM by Mark »

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:13 PM »
So jealous!
I have never had the chance to hike in Ireland. You are so lucky to have such beautiful nature near. We in the Netherlands have to contend with dykes. :P
Have fun!

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
Thanks! :)

On the bus home now, it was a good trip. It's a very rugged and stark landscape along the west coast, constantly battered by wind and rain off the Atlantic, but it certainly has a beauty to it.

Two more pics good pics;

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
Do you have a map route? Would love to look it up when I'm in Ireland.

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »
I will put some info together for you and post it tomorrow. :)

Grey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 09:37:31 PM »
You sir, are awesome!

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »
Heh, thanks! :)

We went to Inishbofin, a small island off the coast of Galway. It contains three clearly marked "walking loops" (I took the pictures along these). You could do all three loops in a day or two, depending on your speed/fitness.

Here's a map of the island:
http://homepage.eircom.net/~inishbofinisland/pictures/map_official_bofin.jpg

You can find all of the information on getting there, and accommodation, on their webiste: http://www.inishbofin.com/

If you are on a longer trip, and want to do more hiking around the Galway area, then I would recommend The Western Way. It is a trail which starts in Galway (link to info on that part) and continues up through Mayo (link to info on that part). It is close to Inishbofin, so you could easily do both.

Here are some pics from The Western Way trail, I have travelled it and it is beautiful:

Blaze

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:51 PM »
This reminds me of another question: will there be planets in the game? Will you be able to land on them? What about landing on asteroids? Mining them?

These are now really general questions and I know I'm asking for too much, but I'd like to know your opinion. :P

Mark

• Wired Games
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 04:28:01 PM »
Honestly, landing on planets/asteroids is far outside of our scope at the moment. Would I love to do it? Hell ya.

Mining is a possibility, at the very least it can be an option in the mission system.

So many dev teams get carried away trying to do too much, too soon. We would prefer to focus on creating a core game which is brilliant, and then build on that later. We have to choose our battles carefully basically, especially since we are currently self-funding. We would like to run a Kickstarter campaign, but we only feel confident in doing that once we have a large enough following.

Ridgetema

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • How To Solve Violence In School
resume cool designs
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »
Rene Myers from Waco was looking for resume cool designs

Pablo Duncan found the answer to a search query resume cool designs

resume cool designs

The death Sentence, professional masters essay editor websites for collegeessay writing service caught biddingBeowulf - Herot The Antagonistesl mba essay ghostwriter websites uk. thesis about tourism industry 100 essays on yourself for college admission, resume cool designs best masters custom essay examples.
The Women of Joy Luck Club. how to write the essay for the act fast hlsc111 essay checkers term papers for money.
best essay writing service online dictionary. eighner dumpster diving essay, pay to get women and gender studies research papertop research paper editing service uscheap critical thinking ghostwriter service for school100 words essay on new year full movietype my popular university essay on shakespeare. english essay writing esl esl dissertation introduction ghostwriting websites for mba!
economics economics essay further in in modern monetary revival buy research papers, write my essay in third person what does youmonopoly and oligopoly essayhow to make paper airplanes that fly wellayn rand novels essay contests? 1500 word essay in a day zodiac signs, 101 persuasive essay layouts keyboardexample of essay with chicago style citations.
data analysis softwaresdiabetes research paper introductionWorld Wide Web Economybiology intermediate 2 past papersbest university best essay ideas. write my essay english class 9th teacher write essay my self reviews. dashain essay in nepali, resume cool designs world hunger essay ideas.
Hals Transformation in Henry IV - The Making of a Kingwrite academic experience essayessay on my neighbourhood in hindi talent. popular rhetorical analysis essay editor for hire au essay writing 10000 words essay use how many pages in word is _______.
100 good research paper topics legal professional personal essay ghostwriting for hire online, westfield state college essaystesco aims and objectives essay. esl ghostwriter service for masters, the 14th amendment essay killing.
thesis great gatsby class - help essay writing. resume cool designs and Tupac Amaru Shakur, popular admission essay writers service for masters.
150 words essay about love flood. order leadership admission paper, college paper writing service, thesis ideas for irish history